Terrace Room Description
- Maximum capacity: 44 people
- Chairs: 44
- Furniture: Lectern, 1; Tables, 12 rectangular flip-top tables (30”x60”)
- Outdoor patio furniture: 3 round tables, 2 banquet tables, 17 chairs
- AV Equipment: projector, flat-screen TV, audio and visual conferencing, microphones, HDMI & VGA laptop connection
- There is no fee associated with renting the room, however a fee will be charged if guidelines are not followed
Use Policy and Availability
The Terrace Room is available for academic or administrative events pertaining to/hosted by Stanford University. It is not available for classes or social gatherings.
The Terrace Room is available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 p.m. Weekend reservations or reservations after 5:00pm require coordination for key pickup/dropoff. Please contact Colleen Laurent at firstname.lastname@example.org ffor more information.
A staff member from the requesting unit is required to be on site for the duration of the event, including set-up and break-down
FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: CALL 650-498-9996 TO SCHEDULE EVENT SUPPORT.
Your reservation remains tentative until Colleen Laurent (email@example.com) receives the following:
- Completed reservation request form
- Approved copies of all relevant work orders
To cancel, please notify Colleen Laurent (firstname.lastname@example.org, 3-2635), as soon as possible.
Do not forget to build set-up and clean up time into your reservation.
- Food and drinks may be served during events. Use of the attached kitchen is available for fridge storage/prep.
- Food must be cleaned up immediately following the event. Do not store leftover event food in any of the kitchens.
- If there is carpet staining/smudges/grease on the tables, we will contact you for a follow-up work order to clean the room.
- No smoking allowed in the Terrace Room or outside on the patio.
Planning your event with us from start to end
Reserving your Time
Please contact Colleen Laurent at email@example.com with your initial event inquiry. Please include:
- Event date
- Event time, with a half-hour buffer before and after to account for set up and clean up
Colleen will confirm whether or not the room is available for your desired date and time, and the event will be tentatively penciled-in on the calendar.
Confirming your Reservation
Setting up the room for your event
If your event begins and ends between 8am and 5pm, please stop by the front desk (second floor of Margaret Jacks Hall, room 201) and we will unlock the room.
If your event runs after 5 pm, please pick up the Terrace Room key at our front desk and we will let you know where to drop it off after your event.
After your Event
Once your event ends and following clean-up, please return the room to the set-up shown below
After returning the room to this state, please ensure that:
- All trash has been disposed of in the bins provided by Buildings, Grounds & Maintenance
- All food stored/prepped in the kitchen is disposed of and that your event food is not stored in either refrigerator
- All equipment in the room has been returned to its initial locations
- All the lights are turned off
We wish you a successful event in the Terrace Room. Please follow our guidelines. Groups that do not adhere to these guidelines will be charged a $500 fee.