The Terrace Room is available for academic or administrative events pertaining to/hosted by Stanford University. It is not available for classes or social gatherings.
Margaret Jacks Hall, Building 460, Room 426
- Maximum capacity: 44 people
- Chairs: 44
- Furniture: Lectern, 1; Tables, 12 rectangular flip-top tables (30”x60”)
- Outdoor patio furniture: 3 round tables, 2 banquet tables, 17 chairs
- AV Equipment: projector, flat-screen TV, audio and visual conferencing, microphones, HDMI & VGA laptop connection
- There is no fee associated with renting the room, however a fee will be charged if guidelines are not followed
Reserving the Terrace Room
- Contact Maria Gutierrez at mfgutier [at] stanford.edu (mfgutier[at]stanford[dot]edu) with your initial event inquiry. Please include the event date and time (add set-up and clean-up time). Maria will confirm whether or not the room is available for your desired date and time, and the event will be tentatively penciled onto the calendar.
- Once we have confirmed your requested date and time is available, please fill out the the Terrace Room Request Form. DO NOT complete the form until you have read through this website and understand the room requirements.
- Your reservation remains tentative until we receive:
- Completed reservation form
- Approved copies of all relevant work orders
- If you are serving food and/or beverages, ordering trash bins is required. The Terrace Room is not equipped with trash receptacles. It may also be necessary to file a cleaning work order if you anticipate the need.
- Coordinate pick-up and drop-off of the Terrace Room key from the English Department office in room 460-201. Event coordinators are responsible for obtaining and returning the key during department office hours.
Preparing for the Event
- A staff member from the requesting unit is required to be on site for the duration of the event, including set-up and break-down.
- If food and/or beverages will be served, order landfill/compost/recycling trash bins and cleaning service and send confirmed work orders to Maria Gutierrez at mfgutier [at] stanford.edu (mfgutier[at]stanford[dot]edu).
- Margaret Jacks Hall is a badge-access only building. If you are hosting an event outside regular business hours, and/or are expecting non-Stanford attendees, please contact us for information on best practices.
- English Department staff members are not available to assist with set-up or clean-up, including accessing and using the room technology.
- For technical assistance with the room technology, contact (650) 498-9996.
After the Event
Once the event ends, it is the user's responsibility to return the room to the set-up shown below:
After returning the room to this state, please ensure that:
- All trash has been disposed of in the bins provided by Buildings, Grounds & Maintenance. Do not leave bins inside the Terrace Room - place them outside in the hallway.
- All food is disposed of and no supplies remain in the kitchen.
- All equipment in the room has been turned off and returned to its initial location.
- All lights are turned off.
- Terrace Room doors are locked.
- Key is returned to room 460-201.
We wish you a successful event in the Terrace Room. Please follow our guidelines. Groups that do not adhere to these guidelines will be charged a fee.